Karoola Park Concept Master Plan and Weeraman Fields Master Plan - Stage 1
Muswellbrook Shire Council hereby gives public notice of public exhibition of the Master Plans for Karoola Park and Stage 1 Weeraman Fields.
The master plans build upon the existing recreation facilities at both locations and have been produced to reflect both Council’s and User Groups’ input in identifying a range of works and landscape embellishment.
The concepts will be on public exhibition until Wednesday 5 June, 2019 at Council’s Administration Centre and Council libraries during business hours and also available on the Council’s website www.muswelbrook.nsw.gov.au
All interested parties are encouraged and invited to inspect the exhibited documents and make written submissions, addressed to:
The General Manger,
Muswellbrook Shire Council,
PO Box 122,
Muswebrook NSW 2333 or by email to:
You are invited to attend a drop-in information session:
Date: Wednesday 29th May, 2019
Time: 3:00pm to 6:00pm
Venue: Campbells Corner, Cnr Bridge and Brook Streets Muswellbrook
For more information please contact Council’s Project Manager, Works, Property and Building Services,
Dennis Fernandes on 6549 3700.
Karoola Park Concept Master Plan and Weeraman Fields Master Plan – Stage 1
Karoola Park and Stage 1 Weeraman Fields Master Plans have been produced to reflect Council and User Groups’ input of the facilities.
Karoola Park offers recreation in the form of 8 netball courts, a BMX track and playground. It also offers passive recreation in walking routes through the park. The Master Plan addresses past problems with flooding in the park and includes the addition of:
- Two new netball courts, with one court being multi-purpose, enabling it to be used as a basketball court;
- The playground to be moved adjacent to the existing amenity;
- New car parking to be provided at the end of each street towards the school. This would help with school pick-ups and drop offs as well as game day for netball. In addition formalisation of vehicle access to the car park at the Hunter Street side of the amenity building;
- Shared walkway from school to netball courts, taking in each carpark to allow safe travel. The path to go right around Karoola Park to facilitate passive recreation. The paths will also link up to the Riparian Master Plan and possibly up to the path at Semillon Street;
- The installation of a pump track in place of the BMX track would modernize BMX in Muswellbrook;
- Proposed berms to guide storm water as per the Riparian Master Plan;
- Proposed planting of depressions.
Weeraman Fields currently hosts Little Athletics, Amateur Athletics, AFL and Cricket at the facility. Stage 1 of the Master Plan includes the following:
- Additional facilities to the existing clubhouse including two new change rooms, bar service area, time keepers box, covered seating area and storage;
- Upgrade to the lighting;
- Existing cricket field, athletics track and long jump to be retained;
- Additional tree planting for shade and shelter;
- New parking area and access from Coal Road; pedestrian access from all parking areas;
- Retain existing junior field (top field);
- Discus and hammer throw cages to be installed on top field;
- Strengthen pedestrian access and plantings.