The cheapest and simplest way to fill your household pool is from your town water service, your rainwater tank or both.

During periods of water restrictions for Muswellbrook Shire you must adhere to the guidelines for filling and topping up of pools from mains supply as per Council's Drought Management Plan.

 Please note that the use of unmetered standpipes in Muswellbrook Shire is ILLEGAL as it constitutes water theft, and should be reported immediately to Council.

In the interest of public safety if you are required to empty your pool as a result of contamination, the water from it must be discharged to  the sewer mains. To discuss your options in this regard, please call Council during business hours for advice and/or to arrange access.

Back to top