All food businesses operating in Muswellbrook Shire Council area are required to notify Council.
Examples of businesses which need to notify include:
- retail food outlets, other than seafood retailers that also process seafood or butchers
- businesses which sell food as a smaller part of their business such as chemists, cinemas, corner stores, petrol stations and sporting facilities
- food stall holders at regular, temporary or one-off events
- mobile food outlets
- school canteens
- child-care facilities that provide food and do not hold an Authority licence
- food manufacturers that do not hold an Authority licence
- food transport, storage or wholesale businesses, and
- importers and exporters of food or food ingredients.
Council requires new food business operators to complete a registration form prior to operating. This form should be completed and returned to Council's Environmental Health Officer.