All food businesses operating in Muswellbrook Shire Council area are required to notify Council.

Examples of businesses which need to notify include:

  • retail food outlets, other than seafood retailers that also process seafood or butchers
  • businesses which sell food as a smaller part of their business such as chemists, cinemas, corner stores, petrol stations and sporting facilities
  • food stall holders at regular, temporary or one-off events
  • mobile food outlets
  • school canteens
  • child-care facilities that provide food and do not hold an Authority licence
  • food manufacturers that do not hold an Authority licence
  • food transport, storage or wholesale businesses, and
  • importers and exporters of food or food ingredients.

Council requires new food business operators to complete a registration form prior to operating. This form should be completed and returned to Council's Environmental Health Officer.

Back to top